Melissa J. Lockwood, DPM -
In our house, color is king. And when Scott and I cook, it’s always to try to please a picky little eater. I’ve got just the best spring recipe to share with you all – and best of all, it’s Lauren June approved!!
Pesto Pasta w/ Chicken (it’s easy!)
• 1 package fresh spring greens and 1 small bunch of basil (OR the prepackaged pesto from the store works too – check your refrigerated section!)
• 1 cup of chopped pine nuts (we also like walnuts!)
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 package fresh tortellini pasta (we like the rainbow colors at our house!)
• 1 container fresh parmesan/romano cheese
• 1 package fresh chopped chicken (you could bake your own, but this is an easy fix!)
• ½ cup heavy cream
• 1 tsp fresh minced garlic (we cheat and use the preminced garlic!)
Combine the spring greens and basil in the mixer and mix until a fine chop. Add chopped nuts, ¾ of the cheese, olive oil, and garlic. After mixing, place in small saucepan to heat. Add chicken. Simmer for 10 min, adding cream in the last 2 minutes.
Boil water and prepare pasta as directed. Combine all ingredients and top with more fresh cheese! Yum!