Zombies seem to be the hottest phenomenon lately. There are countless books, movies, and shows all about zombies. One of the top internationally ranked television shows is The Walking Dead, a horror drama series about a sheriff who awakens from a coma to a post-apocalyptic world overcome by flesh-eating ‘walkers’, aka zombies. With zombies taking over the media, it’s no surprise that citizens worldwide have zombie survival plans and/or zombie survival kits.
Remember these 10 rules on how to survive a zombie apocalypse (courtesy of Zombieland):
1. Cardio – To escape a zombie you’ll need to run. HFAA recommends Asics, New Balance, or Brooks running shoes to keep up the cardio and survive.
2. Double Tap- Don’t be stingy, never trust just 1 shot, always double tap. One shot hardly ever stops a zombie, unless it’s in the head.
3. Beware of Bathrooms – Zombies will attack when you’re most vulnerable.
4. Buckle Up- Easy roads ended with human civilization, be prepared for rough roads and collisions.
5. Travel Light- When outrunning flesh-hungry zombies, you don’t want heavy luggage weighing you down.
6. Don’t be a Hero- Don’t try to make yourself look good when it’s a matter of life or death.
7. Limber Up- Prepare yourself to run by limbering up so you don’t pull a muscle or sprain an ankle. HFAA is always ready to take an appointment, but during the apocalypse might be pushing it.
8. Know Your Way Out- Always have an exit strategy, you need more than 1 exit.
9. Buddy System- Two sets of eyes are better than one, you can’t look ahead and behind you at the same time.
10. Check the backseat- Just like pre-apocalypse, predators (murders and zombies alike) can hide in the backseat.
11. Enjoy the little things- Walking dead have taken over the world, maintain a happy and sane state of mind by keeping positive.
If you want to start preparing now, call 309-661-9975 or visit www.HeartlandFootAndAnkle.com to make an appointment with Dr. Lockwood. We will help limber you up and prepare you for cardio so you can outrun those zombies!