As a mother, the first holiday I think of in May is Mother’s Day. I love the little mementoes my Lauren June gives to me. Another Holiday that comes to mind is Cinco De Mayo, or May 5. I know I enjoyed some chips and guacamole in celebration! Most importantly I say my prayers and thank our soldiers and veterans on Memorial Day. But May is actually filled with tons of wacky not so commonly known holidays.
- May 8: No Socks Day. This is a big no-no! Socks help protect our feet from bacteria and fungus. There is no barrier between your skin and foot if you go sockless. We recommend Aetrex Copper Sole Socks. The copper is a naturally occurring anti-fungal anti-bacterial agent that wicks away sweat to keep your feet nice and dry!
- May 9: Lost Sock Memorial Day. Let’s take a moment of silence for all those lost socks out there. . . . . . . okay now go get some new socks because it is NOT okay to go sockless!
- May 10: Clean Up Your Room Day. Maybe after we clean up our rooms we’ll be able to find some of those lost socks. If not, stop on by and we’ll get you outfitted.
- May 11(this year): Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday each May. I recommend giving Mom a relaxing, rejuvenating pedicure from Healing Steps Spa to show her how you care
- May 14: Dance Like a Chicken Day. Whether you’re doing the Cupid Shuffle, Macarena, or Harlem Shake you can’t shake it when your feet hurt! Before you put on your dancin’ shoes let HFAA get you ready to roll!
- May 25: Tap Dance Day. May sure has a lot of days about socks and dancing! Tap dancing may be more conventional than the Chicken Dance, but nonetheless requires pain free feet!
- May 27: Sun Screen Day. Did you know May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month Month? Feet often get overlooked when applying sunscreen. Don’t forget to lather up your feet too as they are more susceptible to sun damage.
No matter if it’s national Escargot Day (May 24) or National Chocolate Chip Day (May 15) HFAA is here to help you!