In a previous blog post I discussed why socks are necessary with any outfit. Now we’ll review some quick and easy helpful hints!
Wearing socks not only helps you avoid foot problems, but improves the comfort and longevity of your shoes and boots. If you’re shelling out your hard earned money for a pair of fabulous boots or flats, make the small investment of $15 to make your shoes more comfortable and help them last longer. Here are some sock tips to help protect your feet, no matter what kind of shoes you’re wearing:
- Always wear socks, never go sockless.
- For flats, choose thinner socks in the same color or wear no-show liner socks so you don’t ruin the look.
- Avoid wearing socks made of synthetic materials such as nylon. These materials don’t allow your foot to breathe.
- The best socks to wear are those that contain copper. These actually wick the sweat away from your body and are anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
- Change your socks at least once a day.
- Don't wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. Alternate what you wear so that the shoes can dry out.
- Give your shoes at least 24 hours to air out between wear. What a great excuse to grab your girlfriend and go shoe and sock shopping!
Remember, if you have ANY foot or ankle problem, we’re here to help! You can call us at 309-661-9975 or visit the office at 10 Heartland Drive Suite B. Don’t forget to pamper yourself with a healthy healing pedicure at Healing Steps Spa located within Heartland Foot and Ankle.