Couples fight about the craziest things, but has your significant other ever complained about the smell of your feet? Believe it or not, some couples choose not to even sleep in the same room because of feet odor. But, HFAA is here to help!
Smelly feet can be common, or can indicated an underlying issue such as Plantar Hyperhidrosis, excessively sweaty feet. Our feet sweat more than any other part of the body and in an enclosed space, such as our shoe or sock, can become havens for bacteria and fungi to grow and cause major odor. If your or your partner’s feet smell, we suggest trying the following common ailments:
- Wash your feet daily with warm water and antibacterial soap.
- Use foot powder (HFAA has some great products) to dry the feet.
- Wear Copper Sole socks to wipe away sweat.
- Avoid synthetic materials on your feet (like stockings!).
- Grab some extra socks and change them throughout the day.
If you have excessively sweaty feet and are bothered by them, consider seeing Dr. Lockwood by calling (309) 661-9975 today!