What is BioFreeze?
BioFreeze is a topical analgesic that delivers targeted pain relief while utilizing the cooling effect of Menthol, the active ingredient.
Who can benefit from BioFreeze?
BioFreeze can be beneficial for anyone who suffers from any pain! It can be used for arthritis, joint pain, muscle pain, old injuries, sprains/strains, and so much more! It can be used on any external part of the body.
How does BioFreeze work?
- BioFreeze is a topical analgesic, which works as a ‘counter irritant’; BioFreeze creates a sensation that overrides pain signals to the brain.
- When BioFreeze is applied, it simulates an inhibitory nerve that blocks the sense of pain from traveling up and telling your brain you are in pain. As a result, the perception of pain is blocked.
- BioFreeze binds with receptors on the A-Delta Fiber Nerve which releases calcium ions, which helps change/decrease pain through the body’s opioid system.
- BioFreeze works like ice and reduces blood flow to the area in pain. Unlike ice, BioFreeze does not cause stiffness, skin irritation, temporary pain/ numbness or require you to stay stationary.
How do I use BioFreeze?
BioFreeze is to be applied to the area in pain. It can be used up to 4 times per day.
How much is BioFreeze?
One tube or bottle is $15.15.
Additional Information on BioFreeze:
- Due to BioFreeze being a topical analgesic there is a lower level of systemic absorption and therefore, less chance of systemic toxicity or drug interaction.
- BioFreeze is also not animal tested.
- BioFreeze is the #1 recommended topical pain reliever in the United States
- BioFreeze is vegetarian friendly; no animal products are used.
Available in 4 Application Types:
- Gel: particularly well-suited for hands-on massage applications of larger muscle areas.
- Sponge applicator: Hands-free applicator allows you to apply the gel either hands-free or hands-on. The delicate sponge applicator is perfect for even application of Biofreeze on sore joint, especially smaller joints like the knuckles.
- Roll-on: Hands-free application with the added benefit of the roller ball that can be used to massage painful muscles and stimulate trigger points in the affected area.
- Spray: Hands-free application designed for hard to reach areas and is particularly beneficial for conditions involving muscle strains of the lower back or of the upper back or neck. Back to Products Page.