The outgrowth policy was created to help the parents of children bear the financial costs of replacing their children’s Custom Orthotics when they inevitably out grow them. Just as children outgrow their shoes and clothes, they will outgrow their orthotics as well until they are fully grown, or their bones are fully ossified.
The outgrowth policy is only applicable to adolescents up to the age of 13. This is because the bones of the foot are fully ossified in most people by the age of 16.
Outgrowth Policy Specifications:
- Enrollment in the outgrowth policy cost $99.00. This fee is patient responsibility and cannot be billed to insurance carriers. This fee is IN ADDITION to the original cost of the orthotics.
- After your child is enrolled in the outgrowth policy, it will only cost you $99.00 for a new pair of orthotics, versus the regular cost of $599.00. The orthotic casting process will not be begin until the $99.00 is paid in full, each time a new pair of orthotics is needed.
- The enrollment fee must be paid in full within 30 days of the date the original date the orthotics were dispensed. If the enrollment fee is not paid in full within 30 days of the original date of dispensing, you cannot enroll. This is because the lab only offers this discounted rate for 30 days.
- The outgrowth policy is lasts for a period of 3 years from the date the outgrowth policy is signed.
- At the end of the 3 year policy, if you wish, you may extend the policy for another 3 years by enrolling again. You will be responsible for paying the $99.00 enrollment fee again at this time. All specifications still apply, including that your child must be no older than 13 at the time of renewal.
- The outgrowth policy applies to a single pair of orthotics. If you wish to cover multiple pairs of orthotics, you must purchase an outgrowth policy for each pair, with a separate enrollment fee for each pair. All specifications apply to single or multiple pairs of orthotics.
- The outgrowth policy covers outgrowth only. It does not cover loss or theft.
- The outgrowth policy is not intended for your child to have multiple pairs of orthotics. Each time a new pair is recommended by Dr. Lockwood, the old pair must be turned in to ship back to the lab. If you wish to purchase multiple pairs of orthotics you may do so for the discounted rate of $249.00 per pair, versus $599.00.