As founder of Heartland Foot and Ankle Associates, P.C., Dr. Melissa J. Lockwood happily returned to central Illinois in 2008 after seven years in Cleveland, Ohio. She is a graduate of Providence Catholic High School in New Lenox, Illinois. Dr. Lockwood completed her undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois (Urbana/Champaign) in 2001 with a bachelor of science in biology and a minor in chemistry. Dr. Lockwood has a great interest in archaeology and also received a minor in anthropology from the U of I in 2001.
Dr. Lockwood matriculated at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, earning her doctor of podiatric medicine degree in 2005. While at OCPM, Dr. Lockwood served as both a delegate to the student branch of the APMA as well as president of the student government organization. Dr. Lockwood was the recipient of several awards while attending OCPM, including the Ohio Podiatric Medical Association Dr. James Conforti Community Relations Award and the OCPM Mildred Kaufman Memorial Award for Proficiency in Orthopedics and Biomechanics.
Dr. Lockwood arrived in Bloomington following a three-year residency in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Lockwood completed a 36-month podiatric medical and surgical
Dr. Lockwood, her husband Scott and their children, Lauren and James, can be found rooting on the Illinois Redbirds, Chicago Bears, and White Sox!
- ABPM Board of Directors in Professional Organizations
- President, Ohio Podiatric Medical Student’s Association 2002-2004
- Delegate, American Podiatric Medical Student’s Association 2002-2004
- Chairman – President’s Committee, American Podiatric Medical Student’s Association Feb. 2004
- Member – KSUCPM Board of Trustees (2002-2004)
- APMA/IPMA member at large
- AAWP, Featured Speaker
- Member, Sigma Kappa National Sorority, Theta Chapter
- Sigma Kappa National Sorority, Eta Chapter
- Distinguished Member, McLean County Chamber of Commerce
- Enjoys bowling, swimming, and watching the Illini and Chicago Bears