Warts are Wicked to Treat – But We Can Help!
Once the virus takes hold, it likes to stick around! Warts are stubborn and difficult to get rid of, but we can help. Cryo therapy can be used to freeze infected tissues. This is performed right in our office followed by the removal of dead skin layers. This process typically needs to be repeated after a few weeks and is often combined with oral medication. We also offer a topical option called VerruStat, with a high level of salicylic acid as well as a sealing agent that keeps the medicine in place. Over-the-counter topicals and medicated bandages can be used in between visits as well. If the wart is causing you an extreme amount of pain and these methods are not proving successful, we can also excise the wart, surgically removing it.
Kiss Your Warts Good-Bye!
Taking preventative measures is key to not only avoiding warts in the first place, but also protecting yourself from the virus coming back (and it will if you’re not careful)! To reduce your risk:
- Avoid contact with anyone who has a wart.
- Do not share footwear, towels, or pedicure tools.
- Keep feet (and what’s on them!) clean and dry. Change out of sweaty socks and shoes regularly. Warts like warm and wet environments!
- Do not pick at or scratch your wart!
- Never walk barefoot in public places like pool decks, saunas, locker rooms, and gym showers where the virus can be lingering.
If you follow these steps you should stay clear of painful plantar warts – but you never know what’s lurking out there, so keep a close eye on your feet and if you do spot the signs of a wart, come see us for treatment right away. You can reach our Bloomington, IL office at (309) 661-9975. We’ll help you live happily ever after, wart-free!