Home Health, Drop Off, AND Curbside Pickup Services
Due to COVID-19, we’ve all had to make some big changes to our normal routines, carefully weighing the potential benefits and possible risks each time we leave home.
Unfortunately, foot and ankle problems don’t go away in the middle of a pandemic. And that’s left many of our patients concerned about whether they’ll be able to safely acquire the attention, medications, and foot care products they rely on.
At Heartland Foot & Ankle Associates, we understand your concerns. That’s why we’re making it as easy as possible for our patients to ensure their foot and ankle needs are being met while keeping themselves (and their loved ones) safe.
While our office remains open to handle patients with urgent or emergency matters, we are also adapting to meet our patients’ emerging needs in many ways, including telemedicine, home visits, and product drop off/curbside pickup.
Virtual appointments are a great choice for any patient who has non-urgent needs, as well as patients who are in quarantine or who are unable or unwilling to have an in-person visit, either at our office or at home.
The process is extremely simple: just click the link we send you, type in your name, and we’ll start the call when we’re ready.
If you need to see a doctor in person but are unable to travel to our office (or simply are concerned about the increased risk to you or other members of your family), you may request a home visit from Dr. Rizvi instead.
Although obviously we won’t have full access to our entire range of treatment options at a home visit, we can still perform many clinical services, in addition to a physical examination.
Home visits are offered on a case-by-case basis for select, non-urgent needs. Please give our office a call if this is an option that interests you, or you would like to convert an existing upcoming appointment to a home visit.
Please note that in order to protect the safety of our staff, home visits are only being offered if you:
- Have not had any fever or cough symptoms for at least 30 days.
- Have not traveled out of the area within the past 30 days.
- Have not knowingly been in contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 30 days.
- Are not currently under either self-imposed or doctor-ordered quarantine.
Product Drop Off/Curbside Pickup
This is a service we are providing to our existing patients who have new or ongoing needs for medications or other products we sell in our office.
If you’re a current patient and there is a specific product we stock that you need replaced or refilled, give us a call and let us know what you need. If there is a product that we recommend for you based on a telemedicine appointment, we’ll transfer you to the front desk afterward so you can complete your order.
Payment is taken over the phone—you’ll need to have your payment card handy so you can give us your information. After that, you can choose one of the following options:
- Home delivery. Our staff will be making direct deliveries on a case-by-case basis to patients who live within close proximity of our office, ensuring you get your needed item(s) promptly without worrying about shipping. We will drive to your house and leave it for you. Please understand that we are only able to provide this service within a small range of local ZIP codes and cannot honor every request.
- Curbside pickup. If you live outside of our delivery range or would simply prefer to pick up your products yourself, that is also an option. Please call us ahead of time to make sure we will be open when you expect to arrive, then call again when you pull into the parking lot. We will run your item(s) out to you.
Both of these options allow you to get your items quickly, securely, and at minimum contact with others.
Direct in-office care is still being provided to patients with urgent or emergency needs. This includes issues such as:
- Heel Pain
- Foot Pain
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Broken Bones
- Ingrown Toenails
We are taking all necessary precautions to ensure your safety while in the office. In addition to our normal cleaning procedures, these measures include:
- Sanitizing all high-traffic and high-touch areas an additional three times daily.
- Social distancing by placing all patients entering the office directly into a private treatment room.
- Doctors and staff wearing surgical masks and gloves.
By treating these urgent foot care matters in the office, we are keeping you out of the already taxed hospital system.
Always Putting Your Needs First
The COVID-19 situation has been tough on all of us. But it isn’t going to last forever. We will get through it!
And all the while, the team here at Heartland Foot & Ankle will continue to do everything we can to help you get the foot and ankle care you need, when and however you need it, with the absolute minimum risk to you and your family.
We’ve had to adapt and stay flexible, but we hope you know that we’re always willing to go the extra mile for our wonderful patients! Please be safe, be healthy, and give us a call if you have any questions, concerns, or foot and ankle needs. We are here for you.